Internet Rules, Laws, Security, and Taxes
Call the show! 760-784-9109
Today in our 3rd and final episode in the the 3-part series, I’ll be covering #11 through #15 of the Fifteen business laws every entrepreneur should know. So let’s get started on the final episode for this series!
- # 11 - The CAN-SPAM Act Regulates Commercial Emails
- The CAN-SPAM Act, a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have you stop emailing them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. The law makes no exception for business-to-business email.
- The Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing Act of 2003, signed into law by President George W. Bush on December 16, 2003, established the United States' first national standards for the sending of commercial e-mail and requires the Federal Trade Commission to enforce its provisions.
- #12 - FTC Telemarketing Marketing Sales Rule
- The Telemarketing Sales Rule, which requires telemarketers to make specific disclosures of material information; prohibits misrepresentations; sets limits on the times telemarketers may call consumers; prohibits calls to a consumer who has asked not to be called again; and sets payment restrictions for the sale of certain goods and services.
- # 13 - FTC Sales Tax Collection
- # 14 International Sales Laws
- It instantly opens your business to a new audience but that exposure comes with regulations. It poses questions about shipping, taxes, and customs. Make sure you speak with your CPA or Accountant about his.
- # 15 - FTC Data Security
- Many companies keep sensitive personal information about customers or employees in their files or on their network. Having a sound security plan in place to collect only what you need, keep it safe, and dispose of it securely can help you meet your legal obligations to protect that sensitive data. The FTC has free resources for businesses of any size.
- Go back and listen to Ep. 7 Website Must Haves:
- Disclaimers on your website
- The Terms and Conditions (TOS) as to how a person can use your website.
I really hope these 15 Business Laws for entrepreneurs have been helpful to you.
Get your copy of the Go Legal Yourself eBook FREE when you get the APP from your APP Store.
My 2nd book, “Go Own Yourself” is now available on Amazon from this link.
Contact the Queen of Business Law
Kelly Bagla, Esq.
Go Legal Yourself